Rehearsal week was a very busy time for me. Between sewing on labels, finishing breaking down and mending anything that needed it, the whole costume team had their work cut out for them. This week had been the biggest tell tale for peoples professionalism and maturity yet. Dealing with this was a very big challenge … Continue reading Rehearsal Week and Opening Night
This groups fittings went really well. I was there for the last 2 of 3 and was impressed by how well they worked as a group. Each taking on a role they worked through the overalls. I think it was very beneficial, me being there, as I was able to see the fit from a … Continue reading Rebecca, Lucy and Theresa. Fittings.
Charly's fitting went well. However, similar to Bryony and Jess I was not there and she didn't get any photos. This makes it quite difficult for my to talk about what she did. If I were to do this project again, I would make extra effort to be present during fittings in the hopes I … Continue reading Charly’s Fitting for Kadin as Lear
The tattoo suit fittings went really well. I have decided not to put images on this post due to the nature of the clothing. Fontunately, during both fittings very minimal changes were needed. For the first fitting, I was unable to be present. Where this was not the end of the world as I trust … Continue reading Jess and Bryony: Fittings
Before the first Photoshop session, I sent over 3 videos (1, 2 + 3) for the girls to have a look at. These, I thought, were the best videos on YouTube for the introductory stage of Photoshop painting. They give a basic outline of where to find different tools and how to make use of … Continue reading Jess and Bryony. Photoshop Session
The colour pallet I chose looks like the image to the left. The top horizontal row is for Cordelia, the middle horizontal row is for Regan and the bottom horizontal row is for Goneril. The first vertical row is the primary colour for the overalls, the middle and end vertical rows are options for secondary … Continue reading Rebecca, Lucy and Theresa. Colour Pallets and working in the Dye Lab.
The first that had to be decided was how we were going to get the tattoos onto the fabric. We discussed the possibility of many techniques including embroidery, screen printing, fabric painting and sublimation printing and decided that the best option would be sublimation printing. "Dye-sublimation printing is a digital printing technology using full color artwork … Continue reading Jess and Bryony. Initial decisions.
The first thing we had the girls do was to develop the original design they had been given. This included choosing colours and design details. The colours they wanted to do were 3 shades of blue, the lightest for the youngest (Cordelia) to represent her innocence; and the darkest for the eldest (Goneril) to represent … Continue reading Rebecca, Lucy and Theresa. Developing the Basic Design.
This group, I feel has the biggest challenge ahead of them. Creating Tattoo body suits not only poses the challenge of how we are going to put the tattoos on the fabric but the tattoos also need to be designed and placed. Jess In no particular order, our first maker in this group is Jess. … Continue reading Project 203 – King Lear – Introducing the Groups: Bryony and Jess
Charly excited to find out her design and eager to get started. Previous to finding out her design Charly did extensive research on faux fur samples (add picture). This made it very simple to decide the fur she was going to use and order it quickly. Once Charly and I had come to a conclusion … Continue reading (Needs fur Image)1/3/17 – Charly’s progression – Choosing Fur